Wednesday, August 8, 2007

WARNING! If you're not in the mood for cheesy mush. . . do not read.

so, i've been saying lots of prayers lately. . . . more than usual. . . . and though i know i ask for a lot sometimes, i know that i've been given so much more than i could have even thought to ask for! did that make sense?. . i don't know, but i realized that after some much needed phone talks and a visit from friends tonight, i have been blessed immeasurably!

i'm so thankful for:

my family- i grew up with unconditional love and support all around me. if i had to be goofy or if i had to be sad, i have two parents who would encourage my stand-up routine or sit beside me on the floor and cry with me. through bad decisions and bad times, they have always made me feel like a good girl. i have my snortney too, my arch enemy until she moved away to college is now one of my best friends. my grandparents couldn't be sweeter either, the older i get, the more thankful i am for the time i have had with them.

more family-when i married adam not only did i know that it was the best decision of my life and that a more perfect match for me would never be found, i married into another loving family who loves me for me as well.

evan- yes, he's included in the family part, but he needs his own section, just for sheer cuteness. even in his new sassy mode, he still fills my heart every single day. today i whispered, "i love you" in his ear, and do you know what he did? he said "so much". ughhhh, he's a heartbreaker. . .he's also giving big hugs around the neck now and then switching the side his head is on and saying, "another hug" and back and forth. . .

my friends- lifelong: gretchen (almost every childhood memory i have has her in it. . . we will forever share a brain): still just missing you, smetch, and thinking what a big, brave adult you've turned into. . now, i have to admire you even more.
new: jill: my sanity. plain and simple. don't think you could have put more great qualities into one person. if i hadn't met jill, i think i might have gone bonkers. jill, thank you for everything. . . . you are an inspiration.

anyway, if your vomit bucket is full, you'll be happy to know that i think i'm done for the moment, even though there is so much more to add to this list. there have been a lot of things up in the air these days, and i just really needed to sit down and remember what is important.

word to your momma. kj out.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love this. i love my blog too for this reason. i hadn't journaled consistently in a long time. and i love that my blog forces me to document stuff. i also love that i got included in your grateful list. i am equally grateful for you in my life. i don't even want to think about how crazy i'd be if we never met! you are wonderful. this was a sweet thing to wake up and read.

xx
jill

Anonymous said...

Hi Kelly!

Finally got a chance to read your blog. How fun! And your sense of humor was always fantastic and kept ME sane the Lansing Sxxxhole Journal (LSJ)!  So you are moving to Leroy! One of my ex-boyfriends, who I lived with for 6 years….we would go up to Lake City, past Cadillac, and camp on Goose Lake and Long Lake and fished for hours…..all seasons! It is sooooo beautiful up there. You and your friend’s (Jill) comments about each other and how close you are and how much you will miss each other, and all of that brought a tear to my eye as well as your comments of what you are thankful for. It very much mirrors my feelings about my family and friends. Great Blog! Good luck in your move. Thanks for including us in your life. Love Susan Snider