Tuesday, August 21, 2007

LEROY, MI

Ok, so we're still waiting on those pictures of the beach, but I'll get them on here soon, I swear! So, my time has been otherwise occupied by packing. . . Packing, you ask??? Why yes, let me elaborate. . . Adam got a new job!!!! He is going to be a branch manager for Citizen's Bank in Leroy. . . .WHERE, you ask? Why, let me explain. . . a little blip (a very pleasant blip) on the map about 20 miles south of Cadillac, MI. We are going to be living in his grandma's house, which is currently empty and I may be working as well pretty soon. . . .not sure about that yet! SOOOOOOOO, lots of big changes coming and coming FAST! We're going to be moving Labor Day weekend. So, forgive me that I have this fabulous new blog and I may be neglecting it for a while.

So, because I will be gone, I am going to need someone to: 1. bring jill diet coke. 2. bring jill chocolate. 3. bring jill ice cream. 4. bring jill to me in leroy. 5. take good care of jill. . . . I am going to miss her like crazy. Even though she doesn't want me to leave, she's so sweet that she brought me pizza today for lunch while I packed. Anyway, that's the latest news. . . fast and furious changes a comin'. . .hopefully with no need for upping the dosage, if you know what I mean. :)


LeRoy, Michigan
49655

Leroy is located in LeRoy Township in northwestern Osceola County. Leroy was founded by James E. Bevins, who platted the area in 1872. It was originally a site for several lumber mills in the mid 1800’s that grew into a town as a result of the high volume of lumber found in the area.It was incorporated as a village in 1883 and named after the Township.Leroy retains its small-town atmosphere and is focal point for local agriculture. Leroy celebrates it’s Razzasque Days annually in July. It is also situated on the new White Pine Rails-to-Trails State Park that runs from Rockford to Cadillac.
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=Leroy,+MI,+USA&sa=X&oi=map&ct=image

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

**sniff** **sniff**

gretchen i think we need to form a support group.

my way of coping was denial until i came over today and there were boxes everywhere.

thanks for being my best friend kelly.

i really am happy for you and the adventures that you'll have in good ole' leroy!

i miss you already.

xx
jill

Anonymous said...

How exciting that the hubby got a new job, I know you were stressed about that....I really hope you and Jill see each other often. I can tell how important you are in each other's lives. Hey, when I visit MI, Jill and I will have to visit Leroy, never been there!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great plan, Jill! I'm in for a support group. :)

Congrats to you, Kelly and Adam (and Evan) on the next new adventure in your life. Believe me, you are going to be thrown for a loop, but it is kind of refreshing to "start over"....and have a happy hubby again!! :)

Anonymous said...

dear daughter in-law,
This is sooo like 31 years ago...
when I made the move from G.R. to LeRoy. I left my family and friends behind, with no internet or cell phones to keep in touch with each other. And not much of a briefing on small town living as Bill and I had only been married 5 months and known each other for about 15 months. The 5 or 6 times I'd visited didn't give me much of a clue either. What got me through the transition was my sweet mother-in law who welcomed me and took care of me as if I was her own daughter. May you be comforted knowing that your in my prayers and I will be here for you just as Laura June was there for me...as a harbor of unconditional love and support.
Your LeRoy Mom,
Mary Martha

Michelle Y said...

Kelly, I loved having you and Evan over today to play with us. He was so good and pleasant, my girls loved having him here too! We are so sad to see you moving, but know its a great opportunity for your family and wish you all the best of luck. We will definately come visit you guys in Leroy and hopefully we'll be seeing you down here occasionally too. You're great !! Please let me know if there is anything I can help you guys with during the moving process.

Anonymous said...

well.
1. i would bring jill a diet coke.
2. i would bring jill chocolate.
3. i would bring jill to leroy.
4. i would eat pizza and hang out with her.

but.

i can't. but you surely did a great job. and i hope you two still get to see eachother often. i know what you two are going through. my best friend moved almost 3 years ago. (jill) anywho...CONGRATS :)