Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Evan Goes to the Doctor

Evan did great at the doc today (his 3 year well child visit)….he had to get two shots at the end (flu and Hep A)…not enjoyable…but they did a vision test, where he had to hold the "spoon" over each eye and name shapes down on the door (he did so well!!!)and a hearing test where they put headphones on him and every time he heard a beep he had to put a block in a bucket….he got 100% on the hearing test….I was just impressed that he followed instructions so well…ha!

ANYWAY, he had to jump and draw a line and tell them his name and how old he was and well, anyway, he did great and best of all, his weight percentile has gone up (you were right, jill!)….he has always been in between the 2-5 % for weight and he’s up to the 25%(30 lbs)! My big boy…height is 35% (36.5 inches)...he’s usually been 35 – 50%....so, he’s doing great…getting over a yucky cold, but did a great job…and only cried until he got a sucker and a sticker (don't tell his daddy that he REALLY wanted the Barbie sticker, but settled for Scooby Doo), after they gave him his shots….oh! and you know what is total poo about that??

“Oh Evan, Mommy is going to give you a pretzel hug while we give you 2 little mosquito bites”…

nice……make me hold him down and give him a lifelong mosquito phobia…I know it's in the name of good health, but man oh man…I do not like being a part of that….

ANYWAY, that’s an Evan update for today…Oh, and I went to the dentist today and he told me that he liked my teeth…..I told him they’ve grown on me over the years too….

2 comments:

jill s said...

yeah evan!! :)

i can't believe he's 3 still.

Unknown said...

Are they trying to make him fear nature? I can see my work is never done.....